Monday, June 26, 2023

HOUSE PAINTING and THE RETURN OF SOME OLD FRIENDS


 This is a wargame blog, so if you are expecting living rooms and a group of revelers, you're in the wrong place. With my friend Bob moving to the wilds of Canada to become a "Damn Fureigner", he has been purging game stuff, so I have now acquired our entire collection of Glorious Revolution figures. These have not seen a gaming fields since 2015. The years have not been kind and I need to do some figure repair, along with getting Bob's bases to match mine. A few things of interest are with Bob moving to Ottawa, I will be inclined to start running my games of The War of 1812, Plan Red - Naval Operations Against Britian in Canada and the Carribean, and I maybe even have to add Perry Miniatures British Intervention Forces (1860's) for Rebels and Patriots. Damn Canadians!!!  When are they just going to accept that they are the 51st through 62nd States of the USA. Yes, I know there are 13 bits of Canada, but I am not sure we want Quebec as a State. Of course, this could just be part of my insidious plan to move all the people from my county up to Canada so we can double their population and take over. Bwaa Ha Ha!!!

Joking aside, I will miss having Bob around to tryout all my crazy ideas on. Best wishes in your new home in the Great White North. 

The other part is I am now in the process of adding new buildings to a number of my games. I have a lot of 4Ground buildings that I need to assemble for AWI, WWII 15mm and Toy Soldiers WWII. There is also a lot of 3D printed buildings for Toy Soldiers Classic, and an entire 6mm cities for Micro Armor. As with most projects I have plenty to keep me painting until the end of time. 
AWI Settlers Cabin

 
New Toy Soldiers, and Dog Wars Building 1.

Building #2

The Combined Armies for Glorius Revolution. Williamites on the Left, Jacobite's on the Right. As with Most Projects Bob Finished Well Before Me.  

Jacobite Army

The First Battle with Williamites on the Left and Jacobite's on the Right.   

A Closer View from Behind the Jacobite's. 
On a nostalgic level it is interesting to see how my terrain has changed over the years. The GW fuzzy mat is long gone, replaced by Cigar Box printed mats. The hills are still around but now get hidden when used. The river has been replaced, only to be bought again. The buildings are still around but are getting added to. I don't know what became of the bridge, which is to bad as it looks rather nice here. Like with many gaming parts, rules, figures and terrain, it will be interesting to see where it develops in the coming years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BATTLE OF LOBOWITZ

 This last weekend I ran a game of Post of Honor for two new players, and a pair of veterans. The game was the battle of Lobowitz, the first...