Thursday, November 10, 2022

IT'S HOBBY TIME - PART 1



It is now late fall and here where I live the leaves are changing, the days growing cooler and shorter. Like the squire with its nuts, I am priming figures like crazy to lay in a stock for painting when the snow falls. I currently have five projects in the painting cue, with around 300 done and more to follow. I won't get to them all, but they are ready when my paint brush calls. 

I am currently working on 15mm Medieval using the Joan of Arc: Time of Legends figures. Great figures and they came with a new set of rules. This is a bonus as I collect miniature rules sets. I even play some of them. This is my second project using the Army Painter: SpeedPaint. I really like this paints effects and I get good tabletop quality in very little time when compared to my standard painting style. There are 238 figures in the set, and I will use around 200 for my games. They will be used to play One Hour Wargames, Portable Wargame, TSR's Chainmail, or something I have yet to write. You never know. I may use them to even play the Joan of Arc game. 

I did nothing fancy with these. Mostly it is just straight SpeedPaint, with the exception of the metal. I first painted that in Grim Black, then a dry brush of Vallejo Oily Steel. All very quick and simple. I am getting 12 figures done in around an hour, to an hour and a half. For me that is flying. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BATTLE OF LOBOWITZ

 This last weekend I ran a game of Post of Honor for two new players, and a pair of veterans. The game was the battle of Lobowitz, the first...